Scotsman Group is a privately owned and operated business which focusses on a bold & brave approach to delivering customer experiences which challenge the status quo. Our team of fearless leaders and bright go-getters help us realise our vision across a multitude of sectors including hospitality, retail and property development and design. With such a dynamic spread of interests, we take a “people over paperwork” approach, and value people who aim high and innovate, no matter what their CV says about their career to date. Scotsman Group can offer you truly unrivalled opportunity in terms of career progression as we continue to grow and diversify, and there has never been a better time to join us.
The Group currently has an exciting opening for an Operations Manager to join our team, based in Edinburgh leading our venue teams including Three Sisters and Biddy Mulligans. This is a key appointment, and as such we are seeking an exceptional individual with a keen eye for detail to join an exceptional team.
The Three Sisters is a world-famous bar and events space based in the heart of Old Town Edinburgh that has recently gone through a significant refurbishment. A real hotspot for social gatherings, they are known for amazing seasonal events, big screen sporting action, live music, function hire and more!
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of venue general managers, leading by example to drive sales and overall profitability in line with the business plan. Circa 5 General Managers.
- Fully accountable for P&L delivery with the capacity to react to internal and external factors to maintain overall profit performance.
- To mentor, develop and inspire General Managers and venue teams.
- Have the ability to manage and maintain multiple brand identities across multiple hospitality sectors.
- To maintain an expectable level of quality and standard across all venues both front and back of house.
- To drive industry leading customer service putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Manage relationships at all levels from senior leaders to internal support functions in addition to external suppliers and contractors to support the business.
- Continually evaluate the performance of general managers to ensure they are continually developed to achieve the highest level of performance utilizing management development.
- To promote positive change leading from the front and by example.
- To comply with all company policies and process and apply corrective action where required.
- To maintain a level of engagement including celebrating success reducing labour turnover and absence.
- A proactive approach to managing employee relations and staff welfare.
- To ensure protective controls are in place and maintained throughout the business to prevent losses in cash, stock and company assets.
- Achieve operational excellence through a high performance environment that embraces continuous improvement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Managing multiple operations in a fast paced customer facing environment (Hospitality/Retail preferred)
- Can demonstrate experience and success in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Minimum of two years experience managing multiple branded venues which have a minimum of £1m turnover and circa 40 employees.
- An enthusiastic individual with a passion for leading in a multi site retail environment.
- An outstanding communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers, clients, senior management and lead, engage and develop managers.
- Knowledge & experience of driving profitable sales growth across multiple branded hospitality / retail units.
- Experience of developing a strong service and sales focused culture amongst teams whilst working remotely.
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to analyse and interpret date e.g. sales data.
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements.
In return for the above, we offer our Operations Manager a competitive salary, generous company benefits, and the opportunity to work for one of the most challenging and rewarding brands in Scotland.