Scotsman Hospitality is a privately owned and operated business which focusses on a bold and brave approach to delivering customer experiences which challenge the status quo.
We are currently on the lookout for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join us in our head office in Glasgow’s West End.
As Financial Reporting Accountant you will assist the Head of Financial Reporting to ensure the integrity of the Group’s financial records.
As Financial Reporting Accountant, your role will include:
- Monitoring activity in construction contracts throughout the month. Preparation of month end journals including correct profit release on construction activities; accruals & prepayments; recharge of central costs
- Preparation of monthly management reporting for the board of directors including Joint Venture divisional reporting/internal divisional reporting
- Preparation of quarterly external reporting for example Office of National Statistics/HMRC/Banks
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that discrepancies are dealt with
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and monthly CIS returns
- Assist with the audit process from planning through to completion and preparation of statutory accounts
- Help train and support the wider finance community as accounting/HMRC guidance continues to evolve.
- Provide support to ensure existing controls are being adhered to and also additional controls are implemented
Previous experience is essential.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant (CA/ACCA)
- Knowledge of FRS 102 Accounting Standards
- Good experience using MS Office with advanced Excel skill
- Experience of Sun accounting software would be desirable but not a pre-requisite as would experience using ledger query tools such as Q & A XL
- The role requires an organised, numerate and accurate individual with good financial awareness, interpersonal and IT skills and be prepared to work additional hours at peak periods if required
- Suitable for a newly qualified candidate seeking their first move from practice to industry
- Option for some flexibility with regards to working from home
If you think this is the role for you then please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch.