Scotsman Hospitality is a privately owned and operated business which focuses on a bold and brave approach to delivering customer experiences which challenge the status quo.
The Grand Cafe Edinburgh is located on North Bridge and housed within the iconic Scotsman Hotel building. Open every day from 10 am until late, the all-day cafe style menu includes dishes served all the way through until 10 pm, as well as beautifully crafted afternoon teas. In the evenings, live music from pianists and jazz bands takes patrons through to the wee hours.
We are looking for a Deputy General Manager to join our Grand Cafe family.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working in a fast paced restaurant/bar/cafe or hospitality environment, as you’ll need to work quickly and efficiently whilst meeting our high standards of presentation and attention to detail. You’ll need to be a team player, highly focused and enjoy a vibrant and friendly working environment. Experience in functions & events is advantageous but not compulsory.
As Deputy General Manager, your role will include:
- supporting sales growth.
- controlling costs.
- Ensuring consistently excellent customer service is delivered.
- Managing service standards and staff development.
- accountability for specific shifts and the full unit in the absence of senior management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role (functions and events experience desirable)
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- The ability to communicate at all levels.
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- TRONC electronic tips (including service charge) – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
- Quarterly bonus payment subject to achieving KPI's
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
If you are a manager who is friendly, approachable and is dedicated to providing the high standards of service expected of this well-known establishment, then apply now and a member of the Grand Cafe team will be in touch.