We are looking for experienced and talented Assistant Cinema Manager to join our fantastic Cinema Team!
The Scotsman Picturehouse cinema is housed within The Scotsman Hotel, and is an intimate setting with one bespoke screen and beautiful individual seats. Equipped with its own bar, the theatre is an opulent cinema experience.
A robust film schedule includes a mixture of classic masterpieces, modern cult favourites, curated cultural content such as ballets, operas and more. The boutique theatre is also be available for exclusive hire and private use, making it perfect for truly stand out weddings, corporate events, and more.
As a member of the management team, your role will include:
- To manage team members and resources to ensure the most effective use of both to deliver outstanding customer service and training.
- First point of escalation for any customer interactions and confidence in handling complaints/comments in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Ensure the highest standard of film presentation, housekeeping, cleanliness, maintenance and operational standards are maintained at all times.
- Promoting sales and adhering to licensing legislation.
- Involvement in all aspects of service; upselling, setting-up, stocking up, serving customers and cleaning down.
- Opening and closing of the cinema, ensuring that daily cashing up and banking procedures are followed correctly and that all paperwork is completed as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of successfully leading and motivating a team in a similar role to meet business targets and KPIs.
- Experience in a similar role (hospitality/cinema front of house)
- Experience and knowledge of running food and beverage operations in a hospitality field including awareness of good HR practice and managing staff.
- Strong and effective communication skills with the ability to communicate positively with customers, employees and within the management team.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and software.
- A passion for film.
- A great personality and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- A great attitude and happy to work between the cinema and our main restaurant The Grand Café.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
- Tronc/Service Charge - our staff keep 100%.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of The Scotsman Picturehouse team will be in touch.