Scotsman Hospitality is a privately owned and operated business which focusses on a bold and brave approach to delivering customer experiences which challenge the status quo.
The Scotsman is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens.
Here at The Scotsman we are currently looking for an experienced Housekeeping Assistant Manager.
Deputising for the Housekeeping Manager in their absence including the following tasks;
- Check arrivals and departure of guests and liaise with reception.
- Allocation of rooms to room attendants.
- Supply the highest possible levels of customer care and service both externally and internally.
- Ensure all corridors, rooms and customer service areas are maintained to a high standard.
- Assist in arranging contractors in case of repairs required, ensuring all equipment is maintained in a good and safe working order.
- Have a full working knowledge and implement all cleaning usage and storage procedures.
- Ordering stock, issuing stock, and practicing an effective stock control system.
- Have a full working knowledge of all areas within the department and assist in working in the linen room and with bedroom cleaning.
- Ensure all room attendants are inducted and trained to enable them to fulfil their duties.
- Ensure that any shortfalls in the housekeeping team performance are addressed.
- Ensure all expenditure is in line with budgeted targets.
- Organising staff duties, rota’s and timesheets.
- Assist in interviewing and recruitment of staff for the housekeeping department.
- Deal with customer complaints.
- Ensure the department complies with all legislative requirements such as COSHH and manual handling.
Skills & Experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to achieve consistent exceptional standards
- Experience at supervisory or assistant manager in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular to team members to engage and motivate.
- Excellent levels of customer service and engagement.
You will be required to be flexible and available for weekend work as necessary, have excellent time keeping skills, able to work in a very fast paced environment with good understanding of time limits per room for check outs and stay overs.
You will enjoy working with others, have a great "can do" approach to customer service and importantly have a friendly approach to everyone who you come in contact with.
A fully paid induction into the role will be given; you will also be expected to attend on-going training as required.
This is a permanent position with career progression opportunities for the future.
If this sounds like the Housekeeping Management role you have been searching for please Apply Now.