Area Operations Chef – Flexible Location
Scotsman Group is a privately owned and operated business which focusses on a bold & brave approach to delivering customer experiences which challenge the status quo. Our team of fearless leaders and bright go-getters help us realise our vision across a multitude of sectors including hospitality, retail and property development and design. With such a dynamic spread of interests, we take a “people over paperwork” approach, and value people who aim high and innovate, no matter what their CV says about their career to date. Scotsman Group can offer you truly unrivalled opportunity in terms of career progression as we continue to grow and diversify, and there has never been a better time to join us.
The Group currently has an exciting opening for an Area Operations Chef to join our team, we are flexible on location but the ideal candidate would be based in Edinburgh or Fife and have hotel experience.
This is a key appointment, and as such we are seeking an exceptional individual to join our fantastic Food Team.
- Develop strong working relationships with venue teams, while motivating, leading, and encouraging performance excellence.
- Ability to cook and deliver a multitude of different styles of cooking and train these into venue teams.
- Drive excellent food and hygiene standards within the Venue teams.
- Support to ensure Health & Safety and hygiene policies and procedures are in place and consistently adhered to.
- Conduct and report on in house audits, and provide coaching and support for development needs identified within their Venues.
- Support and coach Chefs in the accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe, Weekly Stock Audit, GP Return and Maintenance sheet as per Company requirements.
- Set high performance standards, adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Support venue Chef’s and management with monthly food stock results, ensuring targets are in alignment with budgeted GP’s.
- Support venues in the running of the kitchen where an immediate need has occurred, which includes running the cook line and leading busy services.
- Provide advice and training to venue Chef’s and management on improving GP profitability to ensure revenue is fully maximized.
- Ensure kitchen induction is carried out effectively for kitchen and Venue management.
- Work closely with General Managers and Operations Managers to effectively fill Kitchen vacancies.
- Assisting Head Chefs and General Managers in planning the succession of their teams to minimise recruitment and develop internal talent pipeline.
- Identify and ensure the implementation of innovative ways to exceed customer expectations and deliver outstanding food on every occasion.
- Support the Group Food Director with menu development, costing and spec. card audits and attend food development meetings when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Head Chef experience of large volume concepts.
- Previous Hotel experience would be desirable.
- Proven track record of working in multi-site management.
- Advanced food hygiene.
- NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation.
- Excellent knowledge of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to develop menus following a brief for multiple food styles.
- Ability to manage weekly reporting of wages/GP’s/Cash margin.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.
- Experience of menu development in a multi-unit environment.
In return for the above, we offer our Area Operations Chef a competitive salary, generous company benefits, and the opportunity to work for one of the most challenging and rewarding brands in Scotland.